Assistant Director of Graduate & Transfer Admission
Under the direction of the Dean of Admission, the Assistant Director for Graduate and Transfer Admission will recruit and enroll appropriately prepared graduate and undergraduate transfer students as part of a comprehensive enrollment plan. With a strong work ethic, s/he will be a champion for graduate and transfer admission. The Assistant Director will conduct recruitment travel to graduate college fairs and community colleges, meet with prospective students, families, and counselors to recruit qualified students, ensure that all recruitment staff conduct graduate and transfer recruitment in their territories, serve as the admission lead in graduate and transfer matters and evaluate graduate and transfer applications, plus other duties as assigned. A valid driver’s license, the willingness to travel and work extended hours including evenings and weekends is required.
- Manage the recruitment and admission process for all prospective graduate and undergraduate transfer students.
- Conduct recruitment travel to graduate college fairs and community colleges and meet with prospective students, families, and counselors to recruit qualified students.
- Ensure that all recruitment staff conduct graduate and transfer recruitment in their territories.
- Serve as liaison in various on-campus relationships, especially the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid Office, Institutional Research, and the individual graduate program directors offices.
- Read and evaluate admissions application files and coordinate application components for files reviewed in the Graduate Schools.
- Communicate effectively with prospective students, their families and other constituents regarding all aspects of admission.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key constituents.
- Speak publicly to individuals and groups on and off campus about Merrimack.
- Serve as the primary contact person for admission-related phone calls, emails and visitors for these populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Customer service focused.
- Familiarity with admission application and communication systems.
- Five years of experience in an Admission office with a focus on transfer admission, graduate admission or both.
- Experience with territory management and application file review.
- Understanding of admission cycles, specifically for transfer and graduate.
Please apply with cover letter and resume. Deadline for applications is November 15.
Contact Email Address: