Associate Director of Admission
Position Overview: The Office of Admission serves as the College’s front door to prospective students, their families, and others who actively participate in the college search process. Many individuals receive their first (and, often, lasting) impression of Merrimack College through their interaction with the admission staff.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director of Undergraduate Admission, the Associate Director provides exemplary leadership in the supervision of undergraduate admission staff directly responsible for the recruitment, application evaluation, decision making and admission programs. The Associate Director will be directly involved in the planning and execution of recruitment strategies to recruit and enroll domestic first year students. S/he will ensure that all activities support the institution’s mission and strategic plan, and are properly planned, executed and assessed. S/he will be a strong supporter of professional development for the counseling staff and ensure that staff are well-trained and provide outstanding customer service. The Associate Director will assist with the development of state-of-the-art marketing collateral and on and off-campus programs as well as leverage technology to support recruitment activities. S/he will serve on the Admission Committee. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing a recruitment territory including implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan for prospective students, families, counselors, alumni, and other constituents, application evaluation and other admission programs in support of the recruitment goals for the territory.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in undergraduate admission with at least one year of supervisory experience
- Experience with territory management and application file review
- Understanding of admission cycles
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Strong customer service focus
- Familiarity with admission application and communication systems
- Understanding of the use of social media in the recruitment process
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
Contact Email Address: