Director of Graduate Admission
Position Overview: The Director of Graduate Admission reports to the Vice President of Enrollment and Retention. The Director will work closely with the Vice President to develop and refine a robust and innovative enrollment strategy designed to meet the graduate enrollment goals of the College. Working in collaboration with graduate program staff and offices that serve graduate students and Enrollment Management & Retention colleagues, the Director will be responsible for the implementation, execution and assessment of a goal and mission driven strategy throughout all phases of the recruitment, admission, enrollment, and the matriculation cycle. The Director will have the strategic, managerial and entrepreneurial background necessary to provide exemplary leadership in an environment that is fast paced with high expectations. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, have intellectual curiosity and a competitive spirit in order to bring innovation and excellence to this key role.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and lead the implementation and assessment of a comprehensive recruitment, admission enrollment and retention strategy designed to meet graduate enrollment goals.
- Assist the Vice President for Enrollment and Retention in establishing and forecasting new graduate student enrollment projections.
- As a member of the Enrollment & Retention leadership team provide exemplary leadership of staff in the direction and oversight in the recruitment, admission and enrollment of all new graduate students.
- Build effective professional working relationships with campus colleagues who are involved in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of new graduate students.
- Ensure that all graduate applications – both traditional and otherwise - are processed, evaluated and decisioned in a timely manner and reflecting desired enrollment goals, including those related to class size, composition and academic preparation.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with institutional partners in the recruitment and enrollment of graduate students.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Aid and other appropriate colleagues to optimize the use of aid in order to maximize yield.
- Manage a budget and associated timelines.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in graduate admission with a proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding enrollment goals
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proven success in executing on strategies to meet enrollment goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively document policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents, including parents and alumni
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and extended days with the ability to juggle competing priorities effectively
To Apply: Please apply with resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Contact Email Address: