Position Overview: The Executive Assistant for the Office of Academic Affairs provides overall support to the Provost’s senior staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating excel spreadsheets, charts, and graphs as well as being responsible for managing faculty data and assisting with special projects such as convocation, new faculty orientation, faculty retreats and other special events. The Executive Assistant will manage the Vice Provost(s)’s daily operations, such as maintaining their calendars, creating any needed documents, coordinating any travel arrangements, and aligning the office to the academic calendar as assigned as well as other special projects.
- Management of key projects assigned to the office and coordination with various internal and external constituents. Prepare necessary documents including but not limited to creating excel spreadsheets, including writing and combining formulas, utilizing pivot tables and pivot reporting, conditional formatting, writing macros, and generating charts and reports.
- Coordinate and maintain Faculty related affairs such as Faculty Development Grants, tenure/promotion dossiers, Sabbatical Programs, and Innovation Grants. Prepare listings of sabbatical requests and reports, faculty development projects, faculty external grants and awards, and all correspondence related to these programs.
- Maintain Appointment, Rank, and Tenure Tracking. Maintain a spreadsheet of all probationary faculty members eligible for tenure. Process and track all correspondence related to tenure and promotion applications/process.
- Track the annual expenditures of all adjunct faculty through the creation of a spreadsheet and tracking system which will ensure that overall budget is not overspent.
- Monitor and maintain faculty records ensuring that annual evaluations, leaves of absence, and other correspondences are recorded and necessary responses are prepared.
- Manage daily operations of the Vice Provost(s) and Chief of Staff such as maintaining their calendars, composing correspondence as needed, coordinating all travel accommodations, conference registrations and travel expense documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in special events such as: graduate and undergraduate commencements, honors convocation, convocation, new faculty orientation, and other academic events.
- Monitor and review all budget requests for the Vice Provost(s) and Chief of Staff. Ensure the timely consideration of requests and follow-up as necessary.
- Attend meetings with the responsibility of accurate note taking, meeting minutes, and assisting Vice Provost(s) and Chief of Staff with appropriate follow-up action items.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the content on the Provost web pages as needed to keep all information current and up-to-date. This includes writing and editing content.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of operational/project experience; preferably in higher education or in a customer service environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to coordinate special projects and special events independently.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required with an advanced level of excel proficiency which includes the ability to write and combine formulas, utilize pivot tables and pivot reporting, conditional formatting, write macros, and generate charts and reports.
- Ability to update content on the Provost website pages.
- Ability to meet timelines, deliverables, and exercise independent judgment. Strong leadership and effective communication skills are a must. Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and to handle multiple responsibilities at one time
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; and ability to understand and design operational processes are required.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume.
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org