All residence halls are closed during Thanksgiving, winter, and spring/Easter breaks. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the residence halls will be closed during the following periods:
- Monday, January 20: halls reopen from Winter break at 10 am
- Friday, March 14: halls close for Spring break at 7 pm
- Sunday March 23: halls reopen from Spring break at 10 am
- Wednesday, April 16: halls close for Easter break at 7 pm
- Monday April 21: halls reopen from Spring break at 10 am
- Friday, May 9: halls close for Summer Recess at 5 pm
Approval to remain on campus during break periods is limited to international students and other students participating in College-sponsored activities. College-sponsored activities include student teaching, participation in a co-op/internship, as well as in-season athletic teams who have games scheduled during break periods.
To remain on campus during a break period, students meeting the above requirement must request and be approved to do so through the Residence Life Office one week prior to the closing of the residence halls. Late request will be handled on a case-by-case basis and will incur an administrative charge of $25. There may be a charge based on the length of stay and the reason requested.
Registration for summer session housing will be available in April. Check out the Office of Professional Studies for information on course offerings and more! Residents interested in living on campus during Winter session should contact our office. Further details, including costs, will be available shortly.