The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers free writing consulting service to all members of the college community. Students can make use of the Writing Center to grow more independent and confident in their academic, personal, and professional writing. We work with writers at all levels because every writer can benefit from a thoughtful, informed reader’s response during the writing process.
The Writing Center provides help in a variety of areas, including:
- Choosing topics
- Organizing writing projects
- Solving specific writing problems, from getting started to editing/proofreading
- Developing research abilities
- Creating individual writing styles
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Developing skills in written English, if English is not your first language
Located on the third floor of the McQuade Library, the Writing Center is open for drop in tutoring.