The Marketing Minor is designed to familiarize students with the marketing process and to provide them with a foundation in the concepts, skills, and tools necessary to successfully enter and advance in a variety of career paths. Students may elect to take classes that teach them about what influences and motivates consumer behavior, how to apply advertising principles, how to design and interpret marketing research, how to develop new products to grow a business, and how to design a marketing strategy to gain a competitive advantage.
- BUS1100 Introduction to Business
- BUS2203 Accounting for Business
- BUS2205 Principles of Marketing
Choose 2 additional Marketing courses:
- MKT3300 Marketing Strategy
- MKT3303 Advertising and Promotion
- MKT3306 Current Issues in Marketing
- MKT3315 Entrepreneurship
- MKT3318 Retail Management
- MKT3320 Global Marketing
- MKT3328 Methods of Direct Marketing
- MKT3355 Consumer Behavior
- MKT3005 Sport Marketing
- MKT4900 Special Topics in Marketing
Career Combination: Students who major in Languages, Communication, Psychology, Sociology, Biology, Digital Design, or Theater, and minor in Marketing will have a great foundation for a career in marketing across a wide variety of industries (for any product or service). Graduates with a Marketing Minor may work in advertising agencies, consulting firms, social media departments/companies, service firms, consumer goods firms, and a variety of other companies.