The Honors Program is about more than just classes. In the spirit of the Augustinian tradition, the Honors program fosters community, leadership, and friendship through a variety of events and programs.
The Honors Lounge is opened to students from 7:00am-midnight via
a swipe card (24/7 during finals). The lounge is equipped with study space, two computers, free printing, and complementary coffee, tea, spring water, and other beverages.
- Merrimack’s Honors Housing also offers a communal space for students to live and learn together. Check out the Honors Housing page for more information.
- Every fall, Honors students dress up in business casual attire to attend
the Honors Banquet. The banquet is a great time for the entire
Honors community to come together and welcome the new class of
- The Honors Program sponsors a variety of lectures every year including the popular Last Lecture speaker series.
- At the end of every school year, the members of the Honors community gather together to celebrate the success of the graduating class through a special senior event.
- Most student programming within Honors is generated by the Honors
Student Council (HSC). HSC is the governing body of the honors student community. It puts on events such as snack attacks,
fundraisers, and off-campus trips. Check out HSC’s page for more info.
- The Honors Mentoring Program assigns a mentor for every Honors freshman here at Merrimack. Mentors are leaders within the Honors student community and are tasked with putting on special programming for Honors freshmen each year.
- Honors Ambassadors are responsible for sharing the Honors experience with perspective students at information sessions, accepted student days, and other recruiting events.
- Occasionally, the Honors Program will sponsor off-campus excursions to Boston and other surrounding areas of interest.
- In the past Honors students have traveled to Symphony Hall and the Museum of Fine Arts, as well seen performances by the Boston Ballet and the Shakespeare Project, and the Boston Lyrical Opera.