Transfer Application Process
Still accepting Transfer students for the Spring - Apply now.
Call Jim Cristiano at 978-837-5411 for more information.
Merrimack looks for applicants who will contribute to our community. We do this by evaluating a number of factors, including the following:
- Academic achievement
- Strength of curriculum
- Demonstrated interest
- Extracurricular activities
- Interview (recommended)
- Apply through the common application (it’s free!)
We welcome transfer students in the spring and fall semesters. For fall admission (classes beginning in September) decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis from March until August. For spring admission (classes beginning in January) admission decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis starting in October until early January.
Transfer Student Application Process
- Complete the Transfer Common Application which can be found on www.commonapp.org
- Official Transcript(s) from each College/University attended
- Course Catalog/Course Descriptions from each College/University attended (in order to determine transfer credit)
- A current Letter of Recommendation
- Your college essay (Your college essay as outlined on the Common Application.)
- Registrar’s Report (Available at www.commonapp.org or download here)
- Mid-Term Report if final grades are not yet available (found on www.commonapp.org)
- US Permanent Residents are required to submit a photocopy (both sides) of Alien Registration card
- High School transcripts are required if less than one year (less than 30 semester hours of credit) of college coursework has been completed.
For international students, a completed application also requires:
- A test of English proficiency is required for applicants for whom English is not his/her native language. We require a TOEFL score of 75 (no subset below 16) or IELTS score of 6.0 (no band below 5.0).
Please note: All documents must be translated into English where applicable.