How to Apply
Merrimack College reviews all graduate applications in a holistic way, taking into consideration the many factors in a student’s personal and scholastic records that may contribute to his or her potential for future academic and professional success.
A complete application to the graduate program includes:
- Completed application. There is no application fee. All applications are submitted online. Apply now »
- Official college transcripts - Merrimack undergraduate students may request release of their transcripts at no cost by indicating their permission for release on the graduate application.
- Resume - Applicant’s resumes or CVs should contain a summary of relevant job experience and education. You may also include relevant activities, awards, and interests.
- Personal statement - All applicants are required to submit a personal statement (500-1,000 words). The statement should explain your interest in education and your future goals.
- Recommendations - Two professional or academic recommendations are required. Recommenders may submit a letter of recommendation or complete the recommendation form provided by the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- English Proficiency Test Scores (international applicants only)- For the TOEFL, Merrimack College requires a minimum score of 80 on the internet-based test (no subset below 18) for all graduate applicants. For IELTS, Merrimack College requires a minimum score of 6.5 with no band below 5.5 for all graduate applicants.
- Standardized test scores are not required to complete an application, though we encourage them from students who have taken standardized tests. Merrimack College reserves the right to ask any applicant for additional supplemental requirements in consideration of their application, including but not limited to official standardized test scores or an in-person interview.
Applications are only reviewed by the Admissions Committee once complete. Admission to the Graduate Program is on a rolling basis.
Mailed materials should be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions A-22
315 Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845
Now accepting applications for:
Fall term September 2013
We’re here to help! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 837-5073 or email@example.com.