International Student Information
Merrimack College welcomes applications from all qualified international students. We define international students as non-United States citizens or non-permanent residents of the United States.
Merrimack College uses Common App (www.commonapp.org) for all applications. A completed application for admission includes:
- A 500 word essay (through Common App)
- The Common App Merrimack supplement
- An official secondary school transcript or university transcript with an official English translation
- A catalogue or syllabus of university courses taken with an official English translation (transfer applicants only)
- Demonstration of English proficiency (see below)
- One letter of recommendation
- The Common App International Supplement is preferred, but not required
Certification of finances form
English Proficiency Requirements
All international applicants are required to demonstrate English proficiency if English is not their native language. English proficiency to satisfy Merrimack College’s requirement can be demonstrated by the following:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) with no subset score lower than 18 for all students whose native language is not English.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no band below 6.0) for all students whose native language is not English.
- A minimum SAT Critical Reading Score of 500
- A minimum PTE Academic score of 53
The English proficiency requirement may be waived if a student has successfully completed all four years of secondary school at either an American school in the U.S. or an American international school abroad, and had achieved satisfactory grades in all four years of English courses. Students who have taken one or more years of ESL in place of traditional English courses may be required to demonstrate English proficiency in another way.
International Transcript Credit
Merrimack College Admissions requires that applicants with coursework or degrees from a non-U.S. university who wish to have their transcript evaluated for potential transfer credit must obtain a professional transcript evaluation from one of the following companies:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
Type of Transcript Evaluation Report to Order: Course-by-Course Report
This evaluation will list the classes you have taken and give course equivalency information, making it possible to transfer international credit or to fulfill prerequisite requirements. If you have earned a degree, the report will show whether your degree is evaluated to be the equivalent to an undergraduate or graduate degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution, and will provide a grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale.
Please note: you must order a course-by-course report; other types of transcript evaluation reports are not accepted. If you have ordered an evaluation in the past, you can contact the company to order an additional official copy.
If your transcripts and diplomas are in languages other than English, you must provide Merrimack College with a translation, including a course description. English course descriptions will be essential when reviewing for possible transfer credit.
It is critical that you read and follow the “Required Documents” information specific to your country of study to ensure that your evaluation is completed as quickly as possible.
Transcript Evaluation Reports (including English translated transcript and course descriptions) should be sent from the evaluation company to:
Office of Admission
315 Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845
If you are transferring from a school within the United States, we must also receive a completed transfer form from your current school. After we receive each of the required documents, we will evaluate your application. We will notify you of acceptance by sending your acceptance letter (and I-20 Form to F-1 Visa applicants) to the address on your application.
For specific questions regarding your application status, please contact Kathleen Kilmain at +1-978-837-5239 or at email@example.com.
Once an international student has been offered admission to Merrimack College, there are some additional requirements we’ll need before we can issue an I-20.
- Secure your spot with a $500 tuition deposit
- Copy of the student’s passport
- Once you have received your Merrimack I-20, we will update you on next steps
|When would you like to enroll?||
|September 2014||February 15, 2014||Rolling|
|January 2015||December 15, 2014||Rolling|