Together for Good
Skip to main content area Skip to main navigation Skip to institutional navigation Skip to footer

Hamel Health and Counseling Center


General Contact information:

Mailing Address:     Hamel Health and Counseling Center
                                Merrimack College
                                315 Turnpike Street
                                North Andover, MA 01845

Phone:                      (978) 837-5441
Fax:                          (978) 837-5209

Business Hours:       Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Appointment Hours:  Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Where are your offices located?
Hamel Health and Counseling Center is housed in its own free-standing building. Following Walsh Way towards the back of campus, the building is located between Monican Centre and St. Thomas Apartments. 

Are services available during school breaks?
Counseling services are available to registered Merrimack students throughout the calendar year. Health services are not available during winter, spring, or summer breaks. 

How do I submit the completed health forms?
The completed health forms can be mailed to the Hamel Health and Counseling Center, 315 Turnpike Street, North Andover, MA 01845 or faxed to 978-837-5209. They can also be email them to

Who do I contact with questions regarding the school health insurance plan?
You can contact the Bursar’s Office at 978-837-5105 or call Gallagher Koster Insurance direct at 1-800-401-6074. You can also visit their website at

Who do I speak with regarding my child’s existing health concerns?
Please call or schedule a meeting with a Health Services staff member to address any issues or questions you may have about medical concerns. You may also arrange to speak with the Director of Hamel Health and Counseling Services to discuss any health or mental health concerns. 

How do I request accommodation for physical or medical reasons?
Accommodation for housing, parking, and campus access are facilitated through Merrimack’s ADA Office. Contact the office for details, directives, and any other questions you may have. Phone: 978-837-5140

For housing requests, you will need to complete a Housing Request Form which can be found on the Office of Residence Life website. You will be asked to supply documentation and explain your medical condition and reason for the accommodation.

View for more Hamel Health Center FAQs >>