The Finance Minor is designed to introduce students to the primary concepts necessary to gain the managerial skills and analytical tools necessary to solve problems and address the financial concerns of a company. Students may elect to take classes that teach the skills to analyze security investments, provide funding for a business, and control, plan and budget the flow of funds within an enterprise.
- BUS1100 Introduction to Business
- BUS2203 Accounting for Business
- BUS2215 Managerial Finance
- FIN3315 Financial Analysis
Choose one additional Finance Course:
- FIN3325 Investments
- FIN4406 International Financial Management
- FIN4410 Financial Planning and Services
- FIN4900 Special Topics in Finance
The Finance minor requires a student complete a minimum of 20 credits.
Career Combination: Students who major in Economics, Math, or Engineering and minor in Finance will have a great foundation for a career in finance. Graduates with a Finance Minor work in a wide range of areas including personal financial planning, banking, corporate and public finance, investment banking, and accounting.