Leadership Think Tanks
Join a dynamic working group of educators committed to exploring best practices and key issues with a 21st century perspective.
Leadership Think Tanks are learning communities focused on educational innovation and problem solving. They bring together individuals across districts in a variety of leadership positions. Together, we read thoughtfully, learn from expert speakers, share best practices, and develop a collegial working space to delve into critical issues and explore bold perspectives.
Each Think Tank is co-led by a faculty member in the School of Education & Social Policy and a practitioner from within the group. Attendance is limited to 18 members to promote discussion. Sessions include outside experts and guest speakers from Merrimack College in addition to member-led sessions around key issues and best practices.
Think Tanks for 2015-2016 invite a broad range of school leaders to participate.
We welcome team and grade level leaders, curriculum coordinators, guidance directors, assistant principals, principals and others who exercise a leadership role in your school.
- Elementary School Leadership (SESSION FULL. Accepting a wait-list.)
Upper Elementary/Middle School Leadership
- High School Leadership
Sample topics from previous Think Tank sessions:
- Can Visible Thinking Strengthen the Culture of Learning in our Schools?
- Who Is Really in Charge of the Accountability Movement?
- Behavior, Anxiety and Mental Health Issues: How Can We Help Our Students Today?
- The Maker Movement: 21st Century Evolution or Revolution?
- Courageous Communication and Difficult Conversations: Functions of School Leadership
- Is creativity disappearing from our schools - Just when we need it the most?
- Standards – Based Assessment and Reporting for Middle and High School: Challenges and Opportunities
- The Psychology of Effective Teaching
- Project Based and Academic Expeditionary Learning Models
- Mindful Meditation and Leadership Challenges
- The Big History Project: What does it offer our students?
- The High School Master Schedule: Reflection of Values or Driver of Values?
- Multiple Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS): Making It Work for All Students
- Generational Change in Schools: The Millenials are Here!
- America in the Middle: International Comparisons of High Achieving Countries
Benefits to Educators, Schools, and Districts:
- Unites individuals within a professional community of practice
- Enhances educators’ professional development
- Expands network of resources and professional support
Think Tank members receive:
- Complimentary lunch
- Free parking
- 25 PDPs awarded for the full year (2015-2016 Session)
- Six (6) sessions throughout the 2015-2016 academic year. Each session is 8:30am - 12:00pm.
- Cost: $350 for full year (all inclusive: food, materials, supplies and resources)
- Location: Merrimack College
Phone: (978) 837-3414