The Education Club
The Education Club was formed this Fall and is currently run by Kathryne Beagan, Gina DiTommaso and Marissa Osgood. They are an ambitious group that thrives on maintaining a support system and networking opportunities.
To help facilitate connections within the community, graduate fellows, from the School of Education, work closely with the Club.
In addition to increasing their membership, the Education Club has identified the following six major goals:
- Build opportunities for community service both in and out of the classroom.
- Foster academic guidance – a peer mentoring program is in development pairing underclassmen with upperclassmen who will advise and set expectations for the underclassman.
- Organize ongoing MTEL support including resources and information sessions.
- Boost resume experience and assist in resume creation.
- Promote networking with local principals and teachers in anticipation of future job opportunities.
- Coordinate social events, such as movie nights, to encourage bonding and the sharing of peer knowledge.
“They have this idea of support and service as the two main chords of this club. They are a great group and really passionate about moving the club forward.” Renee Hopkins, Community Engagement Fellow, ‘13
To become a member of the Education Club or to run an event with the Education Club, please contact: Kathryne Beagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gina DiTommaso at email@example.com or Marissa Osggod at Osgoodmm@merrimack.edu.
Coming Soon …
- Education Club Newsletters
- Upcoming & Past Events
- In the News
- Education Club Student Studies Abroad