Study abroad is recommended for students in all academic disciplines to enrich their education, expand their understanding of themselves, the world, and critical global issues. Merrimack College offers a variety of semester, full-year, and short-term study abroad programs, some of which include an optional internship and/or service-learning component.
The Office of International Programs is excited to help you explore your options and select a study abroad program that will meet your academic and personal needs.
Study abroad at Merrimack College:
- cultivates students’ readiness to embrace diversity;
- broadens the lens through which Merrimack students see the world; and
- empowers students to be successful and socially aware leaders in today’s global society.
Study abroad at Merrimack College seeks to:
- enable all students to have access to study abroad and provide them with support before, during, and after their experience;
- identify, develop, and assess diverse international programs and sustainable partnerships that provide a high quality experience uniquely matched to Merrimack students;
- promote study abroad, increase initiatives to raise intercultural awareness, and foster opportunities for global education throughout the Merrimack community;
- collaborate with faculty and students to integrate study abroad into the curriculum while facilitating development of short- and long-term study abroad programs.