Requirements for the Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies
- Completion of a minimum of five courses, which equal a minimum of 18-20 credit hours that count toward the Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
- Completion of the required introductory course: WGS1010 Gender and Society
- Minors can take an unlimited number of WGS courses that will count toward the minor.
- A maximum of 2 cross-listed courses in any one department can count toward the minor.
- It is highly recommended that WGS minors take at least one course beyond WGS 1010 that focuses on difference and diversity at the intersections of gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality and class. Students are also encouraged to study gender in the context of developing nations beyond the western borders.
Contact the Chair of the Women’s and Gender Studies Program if you have any questions or are planning to Major or Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies.