Spring 2014 CS1 Tutor Hours:
The Computer Science Department offers the following majors:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Computer Science focuses on the theory, algorithms and the implementation of computing concepts and systems. Important areas in computer science include: artificial intelligence, computer graphics, operating systems, analysis of algorithms, security, parallel computing, and programming languages. More about the Computer Science Major
Information Technology focuses on building and managing secure information systems that run our modern world. Important areas in information technology include: networking, security, database administration and web site design and implementation. More about the IT Major.
Reasons to Major in Computer Science or Information Technology at Merrimack
- We have an IT internship.
- We have a co-op program where you can earn money and get real work experience.
- You can work directly with faculty on research.
- Our small classes allow for individual attention.
- Future opportunities in computing are limitless and we’d like to help you find explore your niche.
Our program provides you with many options so you can choose what best works for you. Our goal is to prepare you for the work environment or graduate school. Our mission is to prepare you to be a technology innovator and leader!