Program Goals & Objectives
1. To provide the student a strong science based, allied health curriculum for individuals seeking BOC certification
2. To provide students with a strong science based curriculum for individuals seeking advanced degrees in health care fields: Physical Therapy, Physicians Assistant, Chiropractic Medicine, Nursing, Nurse Practitioner and Medical School
3. To provide the ATS with the necessary Athletic Training components for individuals seeking graduate assistantships and advanced degrees in the field of athletic training.
4. To instill the athletic training student with an understanding of the NATA code of ethics
5. To provide the student the opportunities to obtain and define clinical skills with a variety of affiliated sites
6. To introduce the importance of professional development responsibility in the inspiration of lifelong learners
7. To ensure that the student gain knowledge and skills in accordance with the NATA competencies and proficiencies as delineated by CAATE Standards.
8. To advise and counsel all individuals in the pursuit of their individual goals in the development of leadership and commitment to Athletic Training and other allied health care fields
9. Promote communication between Orthopedists, Primary Health Physicians, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Athletes, Coaches and other administrators and health care providers
10. Advocate excellence while providing the highest quality of health care to physically active population