How to Apply
Applications are accepted online, and are reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee once complete.
Click on “Apply Now” below to get started.
You will be required to create an account by registering a username and password. Registering an account will allow you to start an application, save, and then log back in at any time to complete it before submission. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email containing your Merrimack Admission ID and and instructions on how to check your application status.
A complete application to the graduate program includes:
- Completed application. There is no application fee. All applications are submitted online. Apply now »
- Official college transcripts - An official copy of your transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended must be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission. Merrimack undergraduate students may request release of their transcripts at no cost by indicating their permission for release on the graduate application.
- Resume - Applicant’s resumes or CVs should contain a summary of relevant job experience and education. You may also include relevant activities, awards, and interests.
- Personal statement - All applicants are required to submit a personal statement (500-1,000 words). The statement should explain your interest in the program and your future goals.
Recommendations - Two professional or academic recommendations are required. Recommenders may submit a letter of recommendation or complete the recommendation form provided by the Office of Graduate Admission. When you’re submitting your two letters of reference, please note the additional requirements for the following programs:
- For Higher Education, the letters should be from at least one professor and one college administrator.
- For Community Engagement, at least one letter should be from a supervisor in a non-profit, higher education or K-12 education setting.
- English Proficiency Test Scores (international applicants only)- For the TOEFL, Merrimack College requires a minimum score of 84 on the internet-based test (with a minimum of 21 on the writing subset) for all graduate applicants. For IELTS, Merrimack College requires a minimum score of 6.5 with no band below 6.0 for all graduate applicants.For the Pearson Test of English Academic, a minimum score of 56 is required.
- Standardized test scores are not required to complete an application, though we encourage them from students who have taken standardized tests.
Additional requirements for Fellowships:
- Please refer to the specific applications requirements for the Fellowships.
* Applications are only reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee once complete.
* Admission to the traditional Graduate Program is on a rolling basis. Applicants should expect to be notified approximately six weeks after submitting their final application.
* Fellowship applications are reviewed after the deadline of February 15.
Official transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admission A-22
315 Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845