Freshman Application Process
Merrimack looks for applicants who will contribute to our community. We do this by evaluating a number of factors, including the following:
- Academic achievement
- Strength of curriculum
- Demonstrated interest
- Extracurricular activities
- Interview (recommended)
- Apply through the common application (it’s free!)
The freshman application deadlines for early action and early decision is November 15. The freshman application deadline for regular admission is February 15. Check out our admission options for more information.
Completing Your Application
In order for a freshman application to be considered “complete,” the following items are required:
- Application (including supplement)
- High school transcripts (including 1st quarter grades)
- SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- One letter of recommendation
- College essay
- U.S. Permanent Residents are required to submit a photocopy (both sides) of Alien Registration card
For international students, a completed application also requires:
- A test of English proficiency is required for applicants for whom English is not his/her native language. We require a TOEFL score of 75 (no subset below 16) or IELTS score of 6.0 (no band below 5.0).
Please note: All documents must be translated into English where applicable.
International students should refer to International Student Information for additional instructions.