Transfer Application Process
Merrimack looks for applicants who will contribute to our community. We do this by evaluating a number of factors, including the following:
- Academic achievement
- Strength of curriculum
- Demonstrated interest
- Extracurricular activities
- Interview (recommended)
- Apply through the common application (it’s free!)
We welcome transfer students in the spring and fall semesters.
For fall admission (classes beginning in September) decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis from Mid-March until August. For spring admission (classes beginning in January) admission decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis starting in November until early January..
Learn how transfer student Molly Mescall became a part of the Merrimack family.
Transfer Student Application Process
- Complete the Transfer Common Application and Transfer Common Application Supplement - both can be found on www.commonapp.org
- Official Transcript(s) from each College/University attended
- Course Catalog/Course Descriptions from each College/University attended (in order to determine transfer credit)
- A current Letter of Recommendation
- Your college essay (A thoughtful statement which explains why you believe Merrimack College is a desirable choice for you now.)
- College Official’s Form (found on www.commonapp.org)
- Mid-Term Report if final grades are not yet available (found on www.commonapp.org)
- US Permanent Residents are required to submit a photocopy (both sides) of Alien Registration card
- High School transcripts are required if less than one year (less than 30 semester hours of credit) of college coursework has been completed.
For international students, a completed application also requires:
- A test of English proficiency is required for applicants for whom English is not his/her native language. We require a TOEFL score of 75 (no subset below 16) or IELTS score of 6.0 (no band below 5.0).
Please note: All documents must be translated into English where applicable.
For international students, please refer to International Student Information for additional information.
If you have any questions, or would like to come in to meet, please don’t hesitate to contact our Director of Transfer Admission, Pete Sison at 978-837-5088.