Practice makes perfect! This is the reason the O’Brien Center for Student Success has collaborated with InterviewStream. This tool helps you to practice your interview skills from the comfort of your home, apartment, or dorm. All that you will need is a computer with a webcam and microphone and internet. If you do not have one of those make an appointment with the O’Brien Center to use our interview room.
InterviewStream allows you to choose from interviews with questions catered to a general position as well as towards a few pre-selected fields. Each interview has 10 questions asked by a virtual interviewer. You will have two minutes to record your answer, when you are finished you simply click the mouse. You are able to replay your answer and re-record it up to two times. When you complete your interview, you will be able to send your interview to anyone who has an e-mail address for feedback.
InterviewStream is available to all students, alumni, faculty and staff at Merrimack College. Click the InterviewStream logo to bring out to Merrimack College’s InterviewStream homepage, register using your Merrimack e-mail address.
Interview Opportunities & Additional Information from the O’Brien Center
- On-Campus Recruiting Program
- Where to find interview opportunities
- What to bring and wear to an interview
- How to follow up after an interview
- Printable Interview Rubric
External Interview Resources
- Get to Round Two: Interview Tips Article
- How to Prepare for a Job Interview Video
- Dress for Success Article
- Interview Do’s and Don’ts Article
- Body Language Do’s and Don’ts Article
- Interview 101 for College Students Article
- 100 Potential Interview Questions Article
- Using Informational Interviews and Shadowing to Find Your Career