Mathematics Center Workshops
The Math Center offers a number of workshops to help students be more successful in their mathematics (and other) courses! Workshop topics include:
- How to Read a Math Book
- How to Prepare for a Math Test
- Strategies to Use While Taking a Math Test
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the Beginner
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the More Experienced
- Graphing Calculator Regression
- Word Problem Strategies
- Using Equation Editor to Type Formulas and More
- Studying Mathematics as a Language
- Matrix Row Reduction; Gauss-Jordan Elimination (Intro Math for Business, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations)
- Optimization (Calculus I)
- Related Rates (Calculus I)
- Dimensional Analysis (General Chemistry; Concepts in Algebra)
- Partial Fractions (Calculus II, Differential Equations)
- Basics of Trigonometry (Precalculus; Calculus)
- How to Prepare for a Final Exam in Math
- Strategies to Use When Taking a Final Exam in Math
For a brief description of each workshop’s content and to access the workshop registration form, please click on the link below. To register, enter the required information on the registration form, then click in the boxes next to the date(s) and time(s) for which you would like to register. Then be sure to click “Submit”! You will be e-mailed a copy of the form you completed, which is a record for you of what you signed up for.
PLEASE NOTE: Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration is strongly suggested. If you register for a workshop, but cannot attend, please let us know so that we can make that space available for another student.
MORE WORKSHOPS WILL BE ADDED AFTER YOU FIRST VIEW THE CALENDAR AND REGISTRATION FORM, BUT EACH TIME YOU CLICK ON THE LINK, YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE MOST UPDATED SCHEDULE! SO CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY TO SEE IF OTHER WORKSHOPS ARE OFFERED THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO YOU!
Workshop registration link: https://docs.google.com/a/merrimack.edu/forms/d/1Tdz4C24eptRBG0HcQ_ojDRGAY1Ki0t_zvbUBmLRJds4/viewform