Both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations require competent managers at all levels. Today’s managers assume responsibilities for making informed and ethically sensitive business decisions in a diverse team-based environment. The management concentration at Merrimack allows students to develop their decision-making, communication, technological, organizational and leadership skills, as they tailor programs to fit their special areas of interest. Students concentrating in management must complete the following courses: Organizational Behavior, Legal Environment of Business, and three four-credit electives within management, or two management electives and business Internship.
In addition to satisfying the college’s institutional and distribution requirements and the core requirements for the major in business administration, students in the management concentration must take a minimum of five additional management courses. The two required courses:
- MGT 3310 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 3330 Legal Environment of Business
Plus, choose three of the following elective courses*:
- MGT 3308 Quality Management
- MGT 3320 Employment Law and Labor Relations
- MGT 3325 Ethics and Social Responsibility
- MGT 3350 Sustainable Business Practices
- MGT 3351 Human Resource Management
- MGT 3355 Diversity in the Workplace
- MGT 3357 International Management
- MGT 4415 e-Business
- BUS 4850 Business Internship
* check the appropriate course catalog for a full listing of available courses.