SIE Honor Society
Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE)
The Girard School of Business and International Commerce proudly established Sigma Iota Epsilon (SIE), the National Honorary and Professional Management Fraternity, in the Spring of 2012. We inducted business Juniors and Seniors who had high academic achievements and had demonstrated an interest in an area of management.
An undergraduate student must maintain a 3.25 GPA and continue to complete management courses. Membership requirement allows students to set a personal goal to achieve before graduation. It is both an achievement and a privilege to be a member of SIE. Our fraternity allows business students to give back to local communities through community service projects and other Merrimack College students through campus events.
During the 2012-2013 school year we have great events planned for our business fraternity.
· In order to encourage sustainability and promote environmentally friendly products SIE will be selling re-usable cups in order to help our school stay green.
· Implementation of a Notre Dame High School Mentor Program where SIE members dedicate their time to mentoring high school students in order to help them get on a path to choosing the right college.
· A panel of Alumni Business Students will be answering questions and discussing the path they took after graduation and what they are currently doing for job and/or school.
· March 2013 SIE will proudly induct the new Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and Graduate students to our Fraternity.
The purpose of Sigma Iota Epsilon is twofold:
- To encourage and recognize scholastic excellence
- To promote cooperation between the academic and practical aspects of management.
- To stimulate interest and achievement in the field of management
- To stimulate scholarship in management;
- To facilitate contacts between students and practicing managers
- To recognize persons who have made contributions to the field of management
- To gain recognition of the contribution and value of scholastic achievement in the management discipline
For more information please refer to http://www.sienational.com/ or,