At Jumpstart, we know that every child is born with the potential to succeed in school and in life. We also know that the foundation for that success is established in the early years, before a child enters kindergarten.
To cultivate a child’s social, emotional and intellectual readiness, Jumpstart brings college students and community volunteers together with preschool children for year long, individualized tutoring and mentoring.
Since 1993, more than 76,000 preschool children across America have benefited from millions of hours of Jumpstart service. This year alone, Jumpstart volunteers are serving more than one million hours with 13,000 preschool children in more than 80 sites in America.
Today, Jumpstart is recognized as one of the nation’s leading nonprofit organizations in the field of early childhood education. Join us as we work toward the day every child in America enters school prepared to succeed. For more information, visit www.jstart.org.
Now is your chance to make a difference in the life of a child! Students who join Jumpstart will be trained to work with under-served preschool children for a full year to help prepare them for success in school and in life. Our proven curriculum helps children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for kindergarten, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Through this relationship, Jumpstart inspires children to learn, adults to teach, families to get involved and communities to progress together. Jumpstart is working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed.
Jumpstart Corps members serve two mornings or afternoons per week in a low-income preschool with a team of fellow students. Each Corps member works with two or three preschoolers in individualized relationships, supporting children in language, literacy, and social skills, to help them prepare for Kindergarten.
Corps Member Position Details:
- 8 – 15 hrs/week (300 hours total, October-May), additional option for reduced 200 hour position.
- $1194 AmeriCorps Education Award available
- Opportunity to earn class credit through Human Development Field Experience as well as Early Childhood Education Pre-Practicum Hours and Service Learning Hours in various departments
- A limited number of Work-Study or Stipend positions available
- All Corps Members must have one of the following time slots available in their schedule to participate:
- Monday & Wednesday 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Monday & Wednesday 2:00 PM- 6:00 PM
- Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
For more information, please contact Stefanae Silva, Jumpstart Site Manager, at Merrimack College at email@example.com.
Stefanae Silva | Site Manager at Merrimack College
Jumpstart | LEARNING inspires me.
Sakowich Center, Suite 320
To apply, please visit www.jstart.org/apply. Training starts late September, apply soon!