Students are required to complete (8) courses in the four years of the program. Freshmen in the program must maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA, sophomores and beyond must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
Additional information regarding program requirements can be found in the 2014-2015 Student Handbook, located here.
A honors freshman should aim to complete at least three honors courses in the first year. Typically, 2 of the 3 courses should come from the following:
- Honors introductory to College Writing (FYW1050H)
- Honors Introductory to Religious Studies (RTS1100H)
- Honors Introductory to Philosophy (PHL1000H)
In addition, students may choose an honors section of Calculus, Physics, Psychology, Business or other courses depending on interest and availability.
- Reflecting on Service (HON2001H) 1cr – Fall
- Reflecting on Service (HON2002H) 1cr – Spring
Students perform two hours of community service per week and meet biweekly to reflect on their service experience. The successful completion of a student’s service and of HON2001-HON2002 will count as one honors course. Click here to view the syllabus.
- Juniors are encouraged to design an independent research project in a non-honors course (Honors Component).
- Honors Senior Capstone I (HON4001H) 2cr – Spring
- Honors Senior Capstone II (HON4002H) 2cr - Fall
See details in attached “Honors Senior Capstone” Guidelines.