There are many benefits to joining the Merrimack College Honors Program. The Program offers students with a plethora of opportunities to foster community, engage in service, participate in research, and grow in leadership.
- Small, dynamic classes with some of the Merrimack’s best professors.
- Honors classes average 18 students per section.
- One-on-one research opportunities with professors in student’s major.
- Opportunities to present research at conferences.
- Special honors advising in addition to student’s academic advisor.
- Peer mentoring for students to learn from upperclassmen experiences.
- Honors students get to register for classes before their peers in their graduating classes.
Research and Travel Grants
- Honors students can apply for Research and Travel grants through the Honors Program.
- This money can be used to fund summer internships, study abroad opportunities, and other research or travel experiences.
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular events throughout the year (banquet, plays, concerts, etc).
- Honors Student Council plays leadership role in conduct of program and facilitating community events.
- Opportunities to participate in service with other Honors students.
Free Admission to Arts Events
- Free admission to the Museum of Fine Arts with a valid student ID.
- Free admission to many on-campus events at the Rogers Center.
The Honors Lounge
- Access to the Honors lounge - honors only study area.
- Complementary Coffee, tea and spring water are always available.
- Special Honors community housing (Honors House).
- A Living-Learning Community for incoming first-year students.
- “Honors Program” will be noted on transcripts and diplomas to signify student’s achievement.