Senior International Assistants
Senior International Assistant Requirements & Responsibilities:
Serving as a Senior International Assistant is a great opportunity to develop your leadership abilities and serve the needs of all incoming international students. The SIA position is a twelve month position beginning in June and ending the following May. The following is a list of responsibilities that the Senior International Assistant must fulfill:
- Work ten hours a week from June 2-August 22 in the Office of International Programs
- Coordinate the Fall and Winter International Student Orientation schedule
- Work with the Student Orientation Coordinators to ensure international students are well integrated in New Student Orientation
- Assist in the pairing of International Assistants and incoming international students
- Oversee IAs during International Student Orientations as well as New Student Orientation in the Fall.
- Mentor IAs on the best ways to assist their international students throughout the school year.
- Coordinate social and cultural events for the International Assistant Program participants to attend.
- Other than being assigned international students to mentor, SIAs must fulfill all other responsibilities that IAs fulfill.
- This requires a commitment to assisting with June Orientation planning and implementation if needed.
- The Senior International Assistant may be assigned international students if there is an excess of international students compared to International Assistants.