Study Abroad Scholarships
There are lots of opportunities to fund your study abroad experience. We encourage you to research and apply as soon as possible.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad. The Gilman Scholarship is open to students of all majors, who are receiving a federal Pell Grant at a 2-year or 4-year college or university. Awards are up to $5,000. Applications for the Summer and Fall semesters are due in March, the Spring semester applications are due in October.
- For more information visit the Gilman Website: http://www.iie.org/gilman
- Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) Scholarships
- FEA is committed to increasing the opportunities for dedicated American students to participate in high-quality, rigorous education abroad programs by reducing financial restrictions through the provision of grants and scholarships. Visit the FEA website to learn about the various scholarships they offer.
- For more information visit: http://www.fundforeducationabroad.org/applicants/scholarships/
- Boren Awards
- Boren Scholarships provide up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Boren Scholars represent a variety of academic backgrounds, but all are interested in studying less commonly taught languages.
- For more information visit: www.borenawards.org
- Fulbright Scholarships
- The Fulbright Program offers opportunities for students, scholars, and professionals to participate in international education programs. This program is an educational and cultural exchange, only graduating seniors, graduate students, or alumni are eligible. For more information contact Dr. Patricia Sendall, Fulbright Program Advisor at Merrimack.
- For more information visit: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/fulbright-us-student-program
- Some other helpful resources with scholarship opportunities:
- Also most program providers (API, CIS, CAPA etc.) offer their own need or merit-based scholarships that require separate applications. Be sure to check their websites to see which awards you might be eligible for.
- Some websites are also available to help you fundraise for your study abroad experience, such as: gofundme.com, rally.org, and fundmytravel.com.
Please contact Jessica Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or to request additional information.