Study abroad is a great way for students to enhance their program of studies at Merrimack College. Merrimack offers a variety of study abroad programs to meet the needs of students in all academic disciplines.
Our curriculum integration chart is designed to assist students and faculty in determining which program is the best fit for each academic discipline.
General study abroad requirements:
- Students must be in good academic standing; there is a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to study abroad (although certain programs require a higher GPA)
- Students must have the approval of their academic advisor
- Some programs have specific requirements students should consult their study abroad advisor for specific information
Transferring courses from your semester/year abroad:
- An official transcript will be sent to the Office of International Programs at the end of your program.
- Students must earn the equivalent of a “C” or better for transfer credit to be granted. Transfer credits appear as a “T” on your transcripts; they count as credit but are not factored into your GPA.
- It is important to note that students applying for graduate and professional schools after graduation may be required to submit their original transcript from the host university.