Summer Session in San Gimignano, Italy
Application deadline is Friday, December 6, 2013
May 23, 2014 - June 14, 2014
$6,000 (includes airfare)
- Eight Merrimack College credits
- Transportation from Merrimack to Logan International Airport
- Roundtrip airfare
- Hotel accommodations
- Two meals per day
- Transportation and tickets for cultural activities and excursions that are part of the courses
- International health insurance
An application and non-refundable deposit of $500 is due to the Office of International Programs (Sakowich 340) no later than December 6, 2013.
Enroll in two courses taught by Merrimack faculty and earn eight Merrimack College credits. The courses being offered for Summer 2014 are:
- “Special Topics in Writing: Travel Writing” (Dr. Deborah Burns)
- “Galileo Galilei: Tuscan Mover of Heaven and Earth” (Dr. Doug White)
Courses are instructed in English; no Italian language is required. Both courses satisfy an institutional or distribution requirement. Get more detailed Summer 2014 study abroad course descriptions.
San Gimignano is one of the most notable and charming locations in Tuscany. The famous towers have contributed to its nickname, “Medieval Manhattan”. While living in San Gimignano, students will appreciate Benozzo Gozzoli’s frescoes of Augustine and enjoy stargazing at night.
Complementing the coursework will be guided visits to surrounding areas, including: Florence, Siena and Rome!