- Students will achieve a high level of proficiency in economic analysis
- Students will be prepared to successfully compete in the job market or pursue further education in the area of their choice
- Students will have the opportunity for intellectual development that will enable them to pursue their chosen goals and allow them to adapt to a dynamic work and social environment
- Students will develop a better understanding of the fundamental tools and principles used by practitioners within the profession to analyze economic and social issues
- Students will develop their writing and oral skills by being required to use both forms of communication to demonstrate their competence within individual courses
- Students will have the ability to approach new problems, issues and conflicts using a logical framework of analysis characterized as “the economic method”
- Students will understand the broad applicability of economics and develop the skills to solve complex problems.
- Students will successfully make the transition from college to the workplace or graduate study