Faculty News Archive
- Sawyier Philosophy Lecture | November 18Professor Rose-Mary Sargent was the 2011 Sawyier Philosphy Lecturer in Science, Technology, and Society at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL on November 18. Her topic was “Useful Knowledge: Reflections on the Pursuit of Science in the Public Interest.”
- Crossing Boundaries | November 12Professor Arthur Ledoux will present “Plato on Crossing Boundaries” and “Augustine as a Bridge for Buddhist-Christian Dialogue” at a Conference on “Crossing Boundaries: Transforming Identities, Cultures and Human Relations in a Global Village”, Davis and Elkins College, Elkins, West Virginia, Nov. 12, 2011.
- New Frontiers | October 20Professor George Heffernan has been invited to participate in “New Frontiers: Shifting Trends in the Global Research Landscape and Their Impact on Researchers’ Career Patterns,” a conference sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the German Academic Exchange Service, German Consulate, New York, New York, October 20–22, 2011.
- European Philosophy of Science Association | October 6Professor Rose-Mary Sargent presented “Early Twentieth Century Debates over Science in the Public Interest” at the Conference of the European Philosophy of Science Association (ESPA11), Athens, Greece, October 6, 2011.
- World Conference on Phenomenolgy | September 23Professor George Heffernan presented “Phenomenology Is A Humanism: Husserl’s Hermeneutical-Historical Struggle for the Genuine Meaning of Human Existence in the Crisis”, at the 4th Triennial World Conference on Phenomenology, Instituto de Empresa Universidad, Campus de Santa Cruz la Real, Segovia, Spain, September 19–23, 2011.