Recommended links for Internship, Summer Research, and Work Experience for Merrimack Biology Majors
- The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Many NSF REU Marine Biology and Ocean Science programs in New England.
- The Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides an opportunity to spend the summer working side-by-side with some of the leading scientists in the world in an environment devoted exclusively to biomedical research.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a broad range of undergraduate programs, student jobs, internships and career development programs.
- The Rochester Institute of Technology , RIT provides an excellent site for biology, biotechnology, and biomedical internships for undergraduate students.
- The Shoals Marine Laboratory off the coast of New Hampshire provides students with exceptional experience and training in field and laboratory research in marine biology.
- The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council has a site where students can search for internships by member companies in Massachusetts.
- Columbia University has a great site summarizing summer internship opportunities in biology across the U.S. in fields ranging from biomedical to marine biology.
- Yale Universityhas a site that provides a guide to undergraduate research opportunities with links to information describing some of these opportunities.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) has a site with thousands of experiences in the sciences for students and teachers at colleges and universities throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. You can search by specifying criteria (e.g. Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.).
- Michigan State University has an undergraduate science internship resources page with links to opportunities across the country./li>
- Texas A&M has a list of internships and jobs with a focus on wildlife, ecology, fisheries, and more.
- There are a host of opportunities for environmental and health and medical internships listed at the Campus Access Environmental Internships site.
- For environmental internships and jobs see the Environmental Career Organization (ECO)page.
- For student opportunities at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences has a summer research program.
For information and guidelines on how to obtain academic credit for your internship experience, check out our Biology Internship Guidelines.