Vision, Mission & Core Values
To have a diverse and vibrant community of students from the US and beyond leading to graduates who are widely recognized as outstanding electrical engineers.
To provide an outstanding Electrical Engineering education while also contributing to the Merrimack College, local, and professional communities.
Consistent with our Program’s Educational Objectives, our students will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.