Merrimack STEM Housing offers a dedicated STEM Living & Learning Community, complete with enriching STEM community activities and specially chosen Resident Advisors and Peer Mentors, for first-year Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering Students.
Benefits of the STEM Living & Learning Community
Choose to live in a community where:
- you will be part of our supportive environment living among other engineers and computer scientists;
- you will attend career workshops and seminars, tutoring sessions specifically for you
- you will participate in professional skill building sessions and social activities.
The STEM Living & Learning Community at Merrimack College provides STEM students with academically and socially focused living quarters in Deegan Hall, where students can live and study together.
The STEM Living & Learning Community will include:
- Social programs: trivia night, game night, robotics competition, a talent show, and fieldtrips to local museums
- Professional programing: career exploration, graduate school nights, resume writing workshops, summer internship exploration, career nights, alumni coffee socials, and visits to local research labs and technology companies
- Service Learning: involvement in the Lawrence Math and Science partnership, Thinkfest!, and Merrimack’s Day of Service.
The STEM Living & Learning Community was made possible by the Foundations for STEM Success (FS2) grant that the college recently received. Read more about the grant by clicking here.