Merrimack iTEC Housing offers a dedicated Living & Learning Community, complete with enriching STEM community activities and specially chosen Resident Advisors and Peer Mentors, for first-year Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering Students.
Benefits of the iTEC Living & Learning Community
Choose to live in a community where:
- you will be part of our supportive environment living among other engineers and computer scientists;
- you will attend career workshops and seminars, tutoring sessions specifically for you
- you will participate in professional skill building sessions and social activities.
The iTEC Living & Learning Community at Merrimack College provides Engineering and Computer Science students with academically and socially focused living quarters in Deegan Hall, where students can live and study together.
The iTEC Living & Learning Community will include:
- Social programs: trivia night, game night, robotics competition, a talent show, and fieldtrips to local museums
- Professional programing: career exploration, graduate school nights, resume writing workshops, summer internship exploration, career nights, alumni coffee socials, and visits to local research labs and technology companies
- Service Learning: involvement in the Lawrence Math and Science partnership, Thinkfest!, and Merrimack’s Day of Service.
The iTEC Living & Learning Community was made possible by the Innovation through Engineering and Computer Science (iTEC) grant that the college recently received from the National Science Foundation. Read more about the iTEC grant >>
Quotes regarding the success of Living Learning Communities: