International Student Information
Merrimack College welcomes applications from all qualified international students. We define international students as non-United States citizens or non-permanent residents of the United States.
Merrimack College uses Common App (www.commonapp.org) for all applications. A completed application for admission includes:
- A 500 word essay (through Common App)
- The Common App Merrimack supplement
- An official secondary school transcript or university transcript with an official English translation
- A catalogue or syllabus of university courses taken with an official English translation (transfer applicants only)
- Demonstration of English proficiency (see below)
- One letter of recommendation
- The Common App International Supplement is preferred, but not required
Certification of finances form
English Proficiency Requirements
All international applicants are required to demonstrate English proficiency if English is not their native language. English proficiency to satisfy Merrimack College’s requirement can be demonstrated by the following:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 75 (internet-based) with no subset score lower than 16 for all students whose native language is not English.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with no band below 5.0) for all students whose native language is not English.
- A minimum SAT Critical Reading Score of 500
The English proficiency requirement may be waived if a student has successfully completed all four years of secondary school at either an American school in the U.S. or an American international school abroad, and had achieved satisfactory grades in all four years of English courses. Students who have taken one or more years of ESL in place of traditional English courses may be required to demonstrate English proficiency in another way.
Once an international student has been offered admission to Merrimack College, there are some additional requirements we’ll need before we can issue an I-20.
- Secure your spot with a $500 tuition deposit
- Copy of the student’s passport
- Once you have received your Merrimack I-20, we will update you on next steps
|When would you like to enroll?||
|September 2013||August 1, 2013||Rolling|
|January 2014||December 15, 2013||Rolling|
- Meet Courtney, our international admissions counselor
- Dates and Deadlines
- Learn more about International Programs