The O’Brien Center for Career Development is here to assist you with all aspects of your college and post-college decision-making.
Some topics that we regularly advise students on:
- resumes and cover letters
- internship and co-op exploration
- internship and co-op job searches
- interview techniques and mock interviews
- career and job searches
- career exploration and decision making
- major exploration and decision making
Who is your Career Advisor?
Undergraduate and Graduate students studying within the School of Liberal Arts, the School of Education and Social Policy, and all Undeclared students, your advisor is Sarah Mackler.
Undergraduate and Graduate students studying within the School of Science and Engineering, your advisor is Laura Thibodeau.
Undergraduate and Graduate students studying within the Girard School of Business, your advisor is Jessica Crowley or Joe Jenkins, located in O’Reilly Hall, 208. You may contact them at 978-837-5184 or 978-837-5091.
If you are a double major you may choose to meet with either advisor in your area of study, or with the advisor who is most closely related with your career choice.
Career Lab Walk In Hours
Career Lab walk in hours are a great opportunity for students to stop in without an appointment to work on their resumes, ask quick questions, get to know Advantage, prepare for interviews, or simply find out what the O’Brien Center has to offer. Our walk-on hours are staffed by professional Career Advisors and trained Career Peer Advisors.
Career Lab Hours at the O’Brien Center:
- Monday-Thursday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Log onto Advantage and book an appointment that works for you!
- Call (978) 837-5480
- Stop by the O’Brien Center, 2nd floor of the Sakowich Campus Center
- Google chat with the “O’Brien Center”
- Email us to book an appointment that fits your schedule
When booking an appointment, give your name, major(s), phone number, year in school, and reason for your appointment.
Appointments are booked in 30 minute increments depending on the topic of discussion.
Whether you are studying abroad, or live far away; the O’Brien Center for Career Development is able to work with you to ensure you take advantage of our advising services. Some alternative advising suggestions are; Skype, Google Chat, e-mail and phone. Please e-mail or call your Career Advisor for further information and availability.