Resources and Tools
The O’Brien Center for Student Success offers in person and web based tools and resources to assist you with resume creation and critique, interviewing or job search preparation.
Advantage is Merrimack’s online recruiting system that offers you access to:
- apply for full time and co-op/internship opportunities
- connect with employers
- campus events, such as career fairs and on campus interviews
- research companies in our database
- access to our resource library
- and more!
Practice makes perfect! This is the reason the O’Brien Center for Student Success has collaborated with InterviewStream: a web-based interview preparation program. Practice your interview skills from the comfort of your home with a webcam and microphone and internet, or make an appointment with the O’Brien Center to use our interview room.
Click InterviewStream to redirect to Merrimack College’s InterviewStream homepage. Register using your Merrimack e-mail address.
Career Insider, powered by Vault, is a comprehensive career resource aimed at college students featuring Vault’s best-selling career and industry books, videos, blogs, news and more. Also included is exclusive insider information on more than 5000 companies, salary information, career advice articles and message boards. It is an essential tool for learning about companies and careers.
Going Global is a great resource for gaining information about international employment and work opportunities. Career guides are available for 35 countries as well as 6 Canadian and 44 United States cities. Choose a country or city to research and get expert advice about employment trends, job search sources, resume guidelines, cultural/interviewing tips, networking groups and more. Browse the worldwide database of internships and jobs to locate work opportunities of interest.
- First time users, click this link and log in to MyMack. Follow directions once you’re in, create a username and password (your personal account) for access to Going Global from anywhere.
- Registered users, click this link, if you have created a personal account on Going Global
View employment guides for 36 countries and 40 US/Canada cities and search internship and H1B company listings.